Thursday, June 25, 2015

Proud Owner of New Wheels || Advice

My brother is getting the car I drove. No worries, it's because I got a new car :) On my way to work this morning, I was thinking about what to tell him about being a car owner. And there's a lot to know! Having your own car is the first step into independence as an adult. It's thrilling and freeing! Here's my advice on what you should know as a new driver!


  • Have Fun ~ Go places. Peal off that dang "STUDENT DRIVER" sticker and go. Weather you're alone or with friends, go! You're an adult now, you don't have to stay at home or rely on someone else to give you a ride. As YouTuber Fun For Louis would say "Live the Adventure".
  • What's That? ~ No one wants to open their trunk one day and see random stuff you never knew was there. Know what's in your car, and know where it is. If you sneeze, you want to know where the dang tissues are! If you get into a difficult situation, you want the reassurance of knowing that you're prepared. Know where all the car's legal docs are. Keep them all together. I have mine in a bright red folder, so that if anything where to happen, it can be spotted easily. These tips are for your sake and your passengers' sake.
  • Be Conscious ~ Get to know the feel of your car, how well it reacts to how YOU drive. Discover your car's limits, safely! If you have a lot of people in the car with you, make sure they all know that they have to listen to you, your the driver, their lives are in your hands, LITERALLY. No pressure, haha, it's better to get scared now and be conscious, then take everything too lightly.
  • Ask Yourself ~ Do I like music while I'm driving? If so, how loud? Do I like the windows open/closed? Would I mind people eating in my car? If so, am I prepared to clean their mess?
  • Go Shop ~ There are some essentials you need in your car, for you and your passengers. Other than the emergency stuff, you need everyday stuff: tissue box, bags for garbage, and wipes. These are the essentials that not many people think about because they are simple necessities, "the simple bear necessities...".
  • Stay Clean ~ my brothers are notorious for leaving crap in my car, from tissues to wrappers, to clothes, to who knows what! People judge your ride, what's inside reflects to them what kind of a person you are. Yup, it's true. So tell your passengers to pick up after themselves!
These tips are things I have learned over my years of driving, no one told me about this stuff, I learned on my own. If I was in your shoes, I would want to be told about these things. So this is for you guys! Go, welcome to adult hood.

Thxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment