Wednesday, September 30, 2015

How To Survive Mid-Terms || Advice


Hello! Don't worry, there is still a week or two until Mid-Terms. But if you don't begin to prepare now, time always slips away, and before you know it, you're cramming for tomorrow's exam.
I get so anxious about projects, exams and papers, especially presentations. Here is what I keep in mind during these stressful times <3

1. Stay Organized: I already LOVE my planner. When lots of assignments are coming up, I plan how much I'm going to work on certain assignments each day. I always work towards finishing assignments a night or two before the due date. People may call you an overachiever but, It's a relief to get things done and move on to other things. Plus, seeing other friends freak out right before a due date make me so anxious, why not complete things ahead of time?

2. Take it Easy: Study bit by bit everyday. Break up a difficult task into parts, then tackle a few parts each day. Leaving it all to the last night is tempting, but don't fall into that trap.

3. Find Motivation: It can be very hard to stay focused while studying. What I do is find something I can looked forward to. Create a sort of anchor that holds you down and helps you stay focused. I like to make plans for the weekend ahead of time, and use them as my motivation throughout the week. So, although I have to write a paper, I can always look forward to seeing friends Friday night, and that motivates me to get my work done.

4. Treat Yourself: Set mini goals while you study. Tell yourself you can enjoy some ice cream after you finish prepping your PowerPoint. Take minutes in between tasks and refresh yourself, get up, check the time and walk around, go talk to your roommate or listen to music. This prevents you from feeling overwhelmed and loosing track of time.

Good luck!
-Thxoxox

Comment below any ways you approach mid-terms, how do you survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment