Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Routine and Stress || Advice



   Yup, it's that time of year. Hate to break it to you but summer doesn't last forever. Although many of us wish it did, real life always rolls around the corner. After high school, there are many paths you can chose to take. For me I decided to stay in school and go to university.
   Whatever you decide to chose, the most important thing is that you don't regret your decision. Living life without regret is something that drives me to live a life of adventure. As the cold rolls in and people fall into their daily routines, stress seems to magically appear on our shoulders.
   There are many things you can do to prevent or relieve this stress. All over the internet this time of year there are tons of articles about "Back To School". I do not like this phrase, it makes me cringe when I see it plastered all over the halls of Target. In my mind I always try to hold on to the summer vibe. Stay calm, remember the good times and look forward to new times. To easily glide back into the routine life here's what I do:

  • Get a calendar: Tip one to staying organized, depend on a calendar to keep you up to date! Even if it's the calendar on your phone. You definitely don't want to miss out on a PLL marathon because you "forgot".
  • Grab a planner too: Yup, you will need both. In my planner I write daily To-Do lists, while the dates on my calendar are a subset of the dates I keep in my planner. You never want to forget about an exam or a paper!
  • Walk through your schedule: This is one for you college peeps. No one wants to be the person who walks into the wrong lecture and then have to walk out like a lost pup. Grab a friend and explore campus. It's a great way to reconnect with your university and catch up with your buds you haven't seen all summer!
  • Sleep well, eat well: Let's be honest, the earliest you went to bed this past summer was considered early the next day. A couple nights before the semester starts, try going to bed at least an hour or two earlier than you normally do. Your body and mind will thank you the next day.
Good Luck! Let me know what your plans are for the fall are, uni or work or both!
Thxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment